Aviation American Gin
Once and still the signature drink of the classiest, boldest individuals. Sophisticated yet simple, and created with gin in mind, it celebrates the quality and character of its ingredients. As the world’s highest rated gin (97 points, Wine Enthusiast), Aviation American Gin is the spirit of choice for the world’s best Martinis.
Shop Online for Aviation Gin in Australia
Once and still the signature drink of the classiest, boldest individuals; gin has enjoyed a sharp resurgence in recent years. Aviation Gin is sophisticated yet simple, celebrating the quality and character of its distinctly unique botanical flavour. As the world’s highest rated gin (97 points, Wine Enthusiast), Aviation American Gin is the spirit of choice for the world’s best Martinis.
For those who aren’t aware, Aviation Gin holds pride of place as America’s original craft gin. Created by pioneering bartender Ryan Magarian and master distiller Christian Krogstad, this gin is now owned by Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds. It hails from Portland, Oregon, and is the culmination of the team’s quest for a more versatile and mixable gin.
Aviation American Gin isn’t like other gins you’ve tried
Rather than being overpowered by juniper – the flavour of which many perceive to be harsh or medicinal in many gins – Aviation Gin is a balanced blend of seven botanicals:
- Anise seed
- Dried orange peel
Whereas many other gins are infused by vapour distillation (passing heated alcoholic vapours through a basket of botanicals) Aviation Gin’s botanicals are infused by maceration, which involves steeping them until the flavours have bonded. It is then redistilled, for the flavoursome finished product that is now the drink of choice for many gin-lovers around the world.
Some interesting facts about Aviation American Gin:
- It’s distilled in a traditional copper pot to this day
- Comprises the finest botanicals from around the world
- The gin is column distilled for a smoother, cleaner taste
- Boasts a light, floral flavour with just a hint of juniper
Enjoy your Aviation Gin in one of these classic gin-based cocktails:
- Gin & Tonic: Simply combine Aviation American Gin with tonic water over ice, and garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
- Gin Martini: Combine Aviation American Gin, dry vermouth, and a dash of orange bitters in a shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- Gin Negroni: Combine Aviation American Gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari in a shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into an old-fashioned glass over a large ice cube. Garnish with an orange peel.
Shop online for Aviator Gin in Australia, at the Melbourne Wine Store
We stock Aviator American Gin and all your favourite gins, vodka, rum, tequila and other spirits online for affordable prices. If you’d like to speak with a friendly member of our team, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.